Saturday, October 2, 2010

Breaking the Looking Glass

I was here, but not really
You felt me, but I didn't feel you
Isolated despair filled my days and dreams

I longed for you!
So close,
I can almost touch,
But you have faded away

Your reflection,
So perfect through the looking glass
awakened a living wound,
hidden so deep inside

I so wanted to touch, to feel, to share,
to merge into your eyes in an endless embrace,
One with Everything

My heart, Oh my heart,
After years and years of dormant pain,
was finally awakened

A fragile, trembling fire had been kindled inside it
by your love and brutally honest presence

I breath new air now,
so fresh and full of wonder
I feel it in my bones

I do not know where the winds might take me,
but every cell in my body screams at me - Live, Live, Live!

The impenetrable looking glass has been shattered,
The veil of pain and hurt had been lifted,
And I can breathe again

Through this elemental storm we call life,
With its myriad expressions and endless variety,
I found my guiding light,
My long lost longing,
The craving of my Heart 

1 comment: